Class of 2021 Commencement
Congratulations, graduates! You’ve accomplished so much and we look forward to celebrating your achievements.
In-Person Ceremony on the Quad
With improvements in the community COVID rates and changes in State guidelines, we are looking forward to holding the Commencement ceremonies on the Mount Carmel Campus Quad and allowing each graduate to invite up to 2 guests.
Commencement Ceremony Schedule*
Saturday, May 8
- Undergraduate School of Health Sciences at 9 a.m.
- Graduate School of Health Sciences at 1 p.m.
- Undergraduate and Graduate School of Nursing at 5 p.m.
Sunday, May 9
- School of Education at 9 a.m.
- Undergraduate and Graduate College of Arts & Sciences at 1 p.m.
- Undergraduate and Graduate School of Communications at 5 p.m.
Monday, May 10
- Undergraduate School of Business and School of Engineering at 1 p.m.
- Graduate School of Business and Graduate School of Engineering at 5 p.m.
Tuesday, May 11
- School of Medicine at 1 p.m.
- School of Law at 5 p.m.
Guest tickets will be accessed electronically through graduating students’ QU account in the next few weeks. Tickets are not transferrable.
The following guidelines are established in order to protect the health and safety of the community:
- Graduating students are invited to bring a maximum of two guests to commencement.
- Tickets will be needed to access the Quad, and access will be strictly limited to two guests due to health-related space restrictions.
- Additional guests can participate remotely through a virtual streaming of the ceremony.
- Ceremonies will be held rain or shine outside (indoor capacity limits preclude inclusion of guests).
- In the event of inclement weather and to provide optimal viewing for our guests, no umbrellas will be allowed. We recommend guests bring a disposable poncho, in the event of rain.
- All seating will be on a flat grassy area that is wheelchair accessible.
- The following health and safety protocols will be in place during the commencement ceremonies:
- Masks are to be worn at all times,
- Guest seating will be in pairs, six feet apart, and appropriate physical distancing will be maintained at all times,
- Attendees will be instructed to complete a symptom checking process the day of the event.
Guests' tickets will be accessed electronically through graduating students’ QU account in the next few weeks, and are not transferrable.
*Please note that while at this moment we are confident in this plan, it is subject to change given the uncertainty of the pandemic. We will continue to communicate with you throughout the coming months with event details, and if there are any changes.
To confirm your eligibility for Commencement, please contact your adviser.